[NOTE: Updated on 9 February 2010 to note that the submission deadline has been extended to 17 February 2010 (HT Dr. Simonetta Montemagni).]
A call for papers, with extended submission deadline of 17 February 2010
10 February 2010, has been issued for SPLeT 2010: The 3rd Workshop on Semantic Processing of Legal Texts, to be held 23 May 2010 in Malta. A PDF version of the call for papers is also available.
The workshop is part of LREC 2010: The 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation.
Papers are invited on the following topics:
- “Building legal resources: terminologies, ontologies, corpora
- Ontologies of legal texts, including subareas such as ontology acquisition, ontology customisation, ontology merging, ontology extension, ontology evolution, lexical information, etc.
- Information retrieval and extraction from legal texts
- Semantic annotation of legal texts
- Legal text processing
- Multilingual aspects of legal text semantic processing
- Legal thesauri mapping
- Automatic Classification of legal documents
- Logical analysis of legal language
- Automated parsing and translation of natural language arguments into a logical formalism
- Linguistically-oriented XML mark up of legal arguments
- Dialogue protocols for argumentation
- Legal argument ontology
- Computational theories of argumentation that are suitable to natural language
- Controlled language systems for law.”
For more information, please see the call for papers.
Tags: Adam Wyner, Automatic classification of legal documents, Cross-language legal information retrieval, Cross-language legal text processing, Cross-language legal text semantic processing, Developing legal information resources, Developing legal information systems, International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, Legal argument, Legal argumentation, Legal controlled vocabularies, Legal deontic logic, Legal dialogue protocols, Legal informatics conferences, Legal information retrieval, Legal knowledge representation, Legal logic, Legal natural language processing, Legal nonmonotonic reasoning, Legal ontologies, Legal reasoning, Legal text mining, Legal text processing, Legal thesauri, Legal XML, LREC, LREC 2010, Modeling legal logic, Multilingual aspects of legal text semantic processing, Multilingual legal information extraction, Multilingual legal information retrieval, Multilingual legal knowledge representation, Multilingual legal ontologies, Multilingual legal text processing, Natural language processing and law, Natural language processing of legal documents, Semantic annotation of legal texts, Semantic processing of legal texts, Semantic processing of multilingual legal texts, Simonetta Montemagni, SPLeT, SPLeT 2010, Workshop on Semantic Processing of Legal Texts