A call for papers — with abstract submission deadline of 1 July 2010 — has been issued for “Neuroscience in European and North-American Case-law and Judicial Practice,” an international conference to be held 17 September 2010 in Milan, Italy.
The conference is being organized by the European Centre for Life Sciences, Health and the Courts at University of Pavia, in cooperation with the Court of Milan, Collegio Ghislieri in Pavia, and the international group on neuroscience and law.
Papers are invited on the following topics:
- “Prospects of Neuroscience
- Impact of Neuroscience on the European and American Law
- Brain Interfaces and Legal/Ethical problems
- Are legal systems Neuroscience-friendly?”
- “Neuroscience in Case-Law”: [descriptions of "judicial case[s] where data obtained through neuroscientific techniques ha[ve] been brought before a Court, both in a civil or criminal trial, as scientific evidence’]
For more information, please see the call for papers.
Tags: Law and neuroscience, Legal communication, Legal evidence information systems, Legal informatics conferences, Legal scientific evidence, Legal scientific evidence information systems, Neuroscience and law, Neuroscience in European and North-American Case-law and Judicial Practice