The DGT Multilingual Translation Memory of the Acquis Communautaire: DGT-TM — a parallel corpus of all European Union legislation, called the Acquis Communautaire, translated into all 22 languages of the EU nations — has been expanded to include EU legislation from 2004-2010, according to an April 2012 announcement on the DGT-TM Website. The updated corpus is called DGT-TM-2011.
The new content comes from the EU Official Journal Series L, 2004-2010.
According to the announcement, DGT-TM-2011 is the largest parallel corpus in the world, and is intended to be used for the following purposes:
- training automatic systems for statistical machine translation (SMT);
- producing monolingual or multilingual lexical and semantic resources such as dictionaries and ontologies;
- training and testing multilingual information extraction software;
- checking translation consistency automatically;
- testing and benchmarking alignment software (for sentences, words, etc.).
The DGT-TM-2011 should be a valuable resource for legal informatics and legal linguistics research and development.
For more information, please see: