A call for papers — with submission deadline of 25 June 2012 — has been issued for the Doctoral Consortium at RuleML 2012 @ ECAI: The 6th International Symposium on Rules, to be held 27 August 2012, in Montpellier, France.
The consortium is being held in conjunction with ECAI 2012: The 20th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
Here is a description of the Doctoral Consortium and of the paper requirements:
The RuleML 2012 Doctoral Consortium is an initiative of the International Symposium on Rules, RuleML, to attract and promote Ph.D. research in the area of Rules and Markup Languages. The doctoral symposium offers to students a close contact with leading experts on the field, as well as the opportunity to present and discuss their ideas in a dynamic and friendly setting.
The accepted thesis descriptions will be presented to an interested audience and subject to discussion with a panel of senior researchers, and we expect submissions on any (but not limited to) of this year’s RuleML2012@ECAI topics.
Students are invited to submit an original description of their work addressing the following aspects:
- A clear formulation of the research question.
- An identification of the significant problems in the field of research.
- An outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the state of existing solutions.
- A presentation of any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and the results achieved so far.
- A sketch of the applied research methodology.
- A description of the Ph.D. project’s contribution to the problem solution.
- A discussion of how the suggested solution is different, new, or better as compared to existing approaches to the problem.
For more information, please see the call for papers.