So far there are several upcoming legal hacking events that we’re aware of (we keep track of them here):
- September 13-14, 2013: CanLII law, government and open data conference and hackathon, Ottawa.
- September 16-19, 2013: Law Mining Hackathon at OKCon 2013, Geneva.
- September 26-30, 2013: Civic Hacking: Legal Viz Hackathon hosted by Ravel Law, Palo Alto, California.
- September 30-October 4, 2013: Legal Design Jam, at Information Design Summer School, Syros, Greece [HT @StewieKee].
- October 5, 2013: DC Legal Hackathon, at Fastcase, Washington, DC.
- October 11, 2013: Legal Design Jam, at Stanford d.school, Stanford, California. [HT @margarethagan]
- October 12, 2013: Legal Design Jam, at The Embassy Network, San Francisco, California. [HT @StewieKee]
- October 15, 2013: Lime Usability Test and Akoma Ntoso Hackathon, at CIRSFID, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy [HT @monicapalmirani]
- October 29-November 1, 2013: Hackathon – Maratona Hacker 2013, Câmara dos Deputados, Brasília, Brazil. [HT @agm3dc]
- November 15, 2013: Legal Design Jam: Jamming in Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland [HT @StewieKee].
- November 16, 2013: New York Times Developers Hack Day, New York, New York.
- November 16-17, 2013: UK Parliament Hack 2013, London, England, UK. [HT @Jessicamulley]
- November 22, 2013: DREAMer Hackathon, Mountain View, California, USA
- December 10, 2013: Legal Open Document Hackathon, at CIRSFID, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy [HT Monica Palmirani]
- January 24-26, 2014: Europarl Hackathon [European Parliament Hackathon], Brussels
- Early Spring 2014, Boston Legal Hackathon, (precise date and location to be determined) [HT @morrissinger here and here]
If you know of others, please tell us about them in the comments to this post or by adding a comment here.