Elmer Masters of CALI introduced a new technology called CourtCloud today in a presentation at LVI 2012: Law via the Internet Conference.
Here is a description of CourtCloud from the service’s Website:
- CourtCloud is a repository for court opinions.
- Only the court can upload documents to CourtCloud.
- Save word processor files in the desktop CourtCloud folder.
- Saved word processor files are copied to the CourtCloud server.
- CourtCloud processes the document creating PDF, HTML, and XML versions.
- The files are stored in the court’s CourtCloud folder.
- Original file + PDF, HTML, XML versions are available on the desktop and archived on the server.
- There is no direct public access to CourtCloud.
- Opinions saved to CourtCloud are added to the Free Law Reporter
- Free Law Reporter provides powerful searching and public API for access.