[NOTE: Updated on 9 February 2010 to note that the submission deadline has been extended to 17 February 2010 (HT Dr. Simonetta Montemagni).]
A call for papers, with extended submission deadline of 17 February 2010
10 February 2010, has been issued for SPLeT 2010: The 3rd Workshop on Semantic Processing of Legal Texts, to be held 23 May 2010 in Malta. A PDF version of the call for papers is also available.
The workshop is part of LREC 2010: The 7th International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation.
Papers are invited on the following topics:
- “Building legal resources: terminologies, ontologies, corpora
- Ontologies of legal texts, including subareas such as ontology acquisition, ontology customisation, ontology merging, ontology extension, ontology evolution, lexical information, etc.
- Information retrieval and extraction from legal texts
- Semantic annotation of legal texts
- Legal text processing
- Multilingual aspects of legal text semantic processing
- Legal thesauri mapping
- Automatic Classification of legal documents
- Logical analysis of legal language
- Automated parsing and translation of natural language arguments into a logical formalism
- Linguistically-oriented XML mark up of legal arguments
- Dialogue protocols for argumentation
- Legal argument ontology
- Computational theories of argumentation that are suitable to natural language
- Controlled language systems for law.”
For more information, please see the call for papers.