Professor Dr. Monica Palmirani of the University of Bologna has posted slides of her presentation entitled Akoma Ntoso: an open document standard for Parliaments, given 10 May 2014 at World e-Parliament Conference 2014, in Seoul, South Korea.
Here are the main points covered in the presentation:
- Akoma Ntoso enables easy extraction of legal open data from legal documents
- Akoma Ntoso is designed for transparency and authenticity with the possibility to apply digital signature XAdeS to fragments of XML file
- Success cases list
- List of open source tools now available
- Lime web editor screen shots with an example of “diff view functionality” between two versions (Parliament Uruguay pilot case)
- Akoma Ntoso compliance levels for applying the standard gradually and only for the part required by the scenario (sub-schema extractor)
- LegalDocML OASIS TC progresses: closed the technical XML-schema, now focused on the documentation required for the standardization process
- LegalCiteM OASIS TC is now working on the Universal Legal Citation, strictly connected with legal document management
- Two books for a first view of Akoma Ntoso are available: one in English and one in Spanish.