Applications are invited for Summer School LEX 2014: Managing Legal Resources in the Semantic Web, scheduled to be held 1-9 September 2014 in Ravenna, Italy.
The application deadline is 31 July 2014.
Here is a description of the school’s curriculum, from the Organization page:
The school aims at providing knowledge of the most significant standards emerging for legislation, an understanding of their impact in the different phases of the legislative process, awareness of the technologies based on legislative standards, and the ability to participate in the preparation and use of standard-compliant documents throughout the participate in law-making process.
The main topics to be covered during the school are:
- Legal Open Document: Akoma Ntoso
- Legal Open Data: RDF, Ontologies and Linked Open Data
- Rules and Knowledge modelling
In addition to the school curriculum proper, there are events collocated with the school:
- Legal Open Document and Data, 6 September 2014 – Open event to all!
- Akoma Ntoso Developers Workshop, 8-9 September 2014
For more details, please see the school’s Website.