The event was organized by the EUCases Project, which aims to “develop a unique pan-European law and case law Linking Platform transforming multilingual legal open data into linked open data after semantic and structural analysis.”
Here is a description of the event, from the event Website:
The objective of the workshop was to:
- Introduce the project and its main expected outputs: The EUCases Linking Platform, The ConsumerCases online service and the EU LinksChecker add-in tools.
- Present the state-of-the-art in Legislative XML, the basis for linked open data in the legal domain.
- Discuss user requirements of the project’s main target audience, i.e. legal professionals who need access to case law from other Member States.
- Identify synergies with other ongoing RTD activities operating in related areas.
Here are links to slides of some of the presentations given at the event:
- APIS: The market for EUCases linked legal open data services
- APIS: Legal Open Data – Overview of the State of the Art
- Guido Boella: Introduction to EUCases
- Andrea Maurino: COMSODE meets EUCases
- Marc van Opijnen: Developments in the EU
- Monica Palmirani: Legal XML
- Reinhard Sander: e-Services for Legal Professionals
- Clemens Wass: Openlaws overview
HT Guido Boella