The event’s Website is at: http://legalsf.startupweekend.org/
The Twitter hashtag for the event is #legaltechSW
The Twitter account for the event appears to be @LegalTech_SW
Here is a description of the event, from the event’s Website:
The intersection of law and technology presents unique challenges and exciting opportunities for growth and creativity. Recent years have seen a surge of answers to law’s need for innovation, such as e-discovery tools, contract generation apps, virtual firms, and websites changing the way we research. Myriad possibilities remain to integrate tech into solutions for attorneys, clients, businesses, and the government. SF LegalTech Startup Weekend will bring together legal professionals, policy geeks, programmers, and designers to disrupt the legal services market and bring it into the 21st Century – one solution at a time.’
The challenges will address:
(1) Access to justice for consumers
(2) Development and implementation of legal tech tools
- for other industries
- for in-house counsel
- for law firms
- for document/knowledge management
(3) Open-sourcing the law
(4) Legal Education
- for more informed citizenry
- for law school curricula
SF LegalTech SW will:
(1) Leverage the knowledge of legal professionals and students to explore new directions for legal tech products, services, and resources.
(2) Foster positive relationships among Bay Area law schools and the local tech and legal communities.
(3) Provide the opportunity for people across industries to brainstorm, collaborate, design, and develop innovative products and services to address challenges facing the legal system. […]
For more details, please see the event’s Website.