Here are the results of the event:
- BEcology: Software enabling startups to communicate with investors
- CheckMark: Trademark search software
- Contract to Contract Summary in milliseconds: Automated legal document summary application
- Contract Visualization: Software providing visual representations of contractual provisions
- Dealp: Software enabling review and rating of online legal document templates
- DocVault: Software that uses facial recognition to authenticate individuals who access legal documents [Third Prize Winner]
- GoodForIt: Credit risk software
- Language Locker: A Contract Provision Repository: Software enabling storage, tagging, and retrieval of contract provisions
- Mind Melder – a contract programming tool: Enables users to code contracts using a simple programming language
- Obsidian Redline: Software for collaborative drafting and discussion of legal documents [First Prize Winner]
- PaperDeal: Legal document revision, negotiation, and signature app
- SKerator: Securities filing compliance software [Second Prize Winner]
- Team immi: Immigration intake form
- WeGoLegal: Service for acquiring immigration law documentation
- Who They Really Are: Due diligence tool
- Zoner: Zoning regulation data application
Here is a description, from the event’s Website:
Participants will compete to create tech-enabled products that will improve transactional legal practice–tools that aid in counseling businesses through the legal and regulatory hurdles of consummating a sale or purchase. We believe that this is a huge, untapped market for entrepreneurship. Join us as we build some amazing products and compete for generous prizes.
What’s at Stake?
Grand Prize: $2500
Second Prize: $1000
Third Prize: $500
All participants will be invited for drinks and food at our opening reception on the evening of September 19th. We will also take care of your lunch while working (September 20-21). […]
Resources and other details are available at the Hacker League site for the event.
For more details, please see the event Website.